Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pebble Beach

Here are a few pics and a video from my round at Pebble Beach:

The first tee. That's me on the left. Two brothers (Justin and Jeremy) and their dad Bill.


My favorite hole, based on my one round: The sixth hole. Downhill tee shot, then a blind shot up a 40 foot hill with the ocean waiting to grab any ball that goes right.

 
The famous 7th green.
 
 
Me on the 7th tee.
 

Where my tee shot wound up the par 4 8th. The marshal told me to hit my tee shot 225 yards, and that 230 yards would be over the cliff. I think I hit it 227. This approach shot is supposedly Jack Nicklaus's favorite shot in golf. My shot leaked into the bunker on the right.



 Jeremy tries to chip to the 8th green without falling into the ocean.


Looking back up the 8th hole from the 14th tee.

Looking back up the coastline from the 10th green.


The 17th green. TINY TINY TINY.

 
 
Finally, the big moment...my tee shot at the 18th. I let it hang out to the right; hard to not want to steer clear of the Pacific Ocean. So I missed the fairway but kept it in play. As I always say...I've hit worse.
 

1 comment:

  1. What a great day for you, Joel! Glad you got to play the course......

    ReplyDelete