Tuesday, July 19, 2011

More doggie hiking

Holly's friend Leah just moved from Oakland back to Michigan. She had a parting gift for us:



Actually it was something left over in her house that she didn't need. She doesn't have a dog, which made it even more curious.

Anyway, there are about eight or nine hikes listed that are pretty close to us. So I decided to try one with the dogs last Saturday. We went to...



This is a very extinct volcano located in Berkeley/Oakland hills.

Here was the first sign that the dogs would not be going off leash. Ziggy is not nearly as good of a herder as he thinks he is.



The beginning of the trail was very forested...



But soon gave way to more open spaces. Did I mention it was foggy? Visibility wasn't more than 200 feet.



Ziggy isn't seeing the volcanic remains that I promised him...



Dumpy isn't finding much of anything either.



I'm sure this is a great view on a clearer morning.



I'll have to go back again. I think I missed part of the quarry, which I should have been able to walk through. But I definitely didn't realize how foggy it was going to be...

2 comments:

  1. I like it!! I gotta find some of these in Carlsbad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great park, Joel. Too bad it was so foggy. What did D and Z have to say????

    ReplyDelete