The location: Pt. Isabel, a wide open dog park a few miles north of Berkeley. It juts out into the bay, as can be seen in the satellite image courtesy of Google Earth. I only took pictures of Ziggy and Pepper, but there are always quite a few dogs at Pt. Isabel. There is a lot of space for the dogs to spread out though.
Here is our victim, the aforementioned Pepper. She's definitely still got some puppy in her!

Ziggy and Pepper hit it off right away. Next we'll see if Dumpy and Pepper get along. I don't know if you've noticed, but our dogs can be a lot at one time. I like to make sure each dog gets along individually with a new dog before we try a threesome.

One nice thing about Pt. Isabel is that dogs can go swimming in the Bay if they dare. Here Ziggy tries to scramble down to shore.

I think I'm going to have to look at the tide forecast next time I go to Pt. Isabel. Ziggy and Pepper made it down to the water, but it was low tide. Not only did they not get to swim, but they went flopping around in the low tide mud. You can see that Pepper's legs are already covered with mud. Ziggy is already dirt-colored of course, but he was completely caked in mud too. They were belly deep.

Luckily there is a hose so you can spray your dog off before you leave...but Ziggy was still headed right for the tub after we got home. He was back to his handsome self after a nice bath.
He really does look handsome after a bath (and I bet he really needed it). That's a great picture of him....so bright eyed! Pepper is a cute dog too.
ReplyDelete