It was high tide this time.
I've been anxious to see if I can get these two to swim. Ziggy tried to swim after some ducks once, but that's the only swimming they've ever done.
The dogs love to chase tennis balls, so I tried tossing one into some shallow water. That had some mixed success. Dumpy didn't actually get out to where he was paddling around, but the water was up to his chest a few times. I thought Ziggy would be more into the swimming, but he was more content to stay in a supervisorial role on the sidelines.
Checking things out before getting in...
Dumpy sticks four paws in. I was hoping he'd get out to where that dog in the top left of the picture is, but he wasn't that brave.
He was brave enough to chase this punk dog away from his ball.
Shakin' off some bay water. Next time I'm going to throw Ziggy in.
Dumpy and that black dog started to chase after the same ball at one point. The woman said "Uh oh, Buddy sometimes doesn't get along with dogs his own age". I said "How old is he?". She told me 2 years old. I said "OK that's great, Dumpy is 7". Dumpy and I took it as a compliment.
I don't think Dumpy is ready to swim relays with Nico yet, but we'll work on him...
I wish someone would compliment me like that! I guess it really pays to stay in shape. Right, Dumpy?
ReplyDelete