Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A classic SF golf experience at The Presidio

I got to play golf over at the Presidio last week. A friend of mine invited me to play. I was expecting to pay a lot because I'm not a city resident, but it was actually quite reasonable. The course is over 100 years old and used to be for the army personnel, but anybody can play it now. It's short and hilly, but it plays pretty long in the fog at sea level. And it was really foggy when I played. The greens are very tricky and sloped. There was some fog when we teed off at 4 PM, but by the end of the round we couldn't see tee shots landing.

First tee (actually the 10th hole)


The par-3 15th, a fun downhill shot.


Starting to get really foggy now, later in the round. This is the sixth hole.



The par-3 7th. I birdied this one, probably because I could barely see the hole from where I putted.

No comments:

Post a Comment