Friday, June 3, 2011

High Plains Drifter

Last night a few of us went for a drink after work to a local bar named the Rickhouse. It was a fun little spot. Here is a picture of the interior I found online.



I was going order my usual beer, but I decided to take a quick look at the cocktail list. Usually the cocktail menus around here are filled with a bunch of frou-frou drinks, and this one was no exception. Until I got to the last drink.



For those of you who are hard of reading, the drink is called a High Plains Drifter and its contents are Rye Whiskey, Sweet Vermouth, Amaro Nonino, and Celery Bitters.

But it was the description that got me. "Earthy and mean, this glass of bad attitude is known for providing courage to the brave, and a kick in the pants to the timid. It's just the curly wolf to have in your corner when you're going through the mill and there's trouble in the air."

So poetic that the bar apparently decided to credit the writer, a Ms. Lauren Steele.

Of course I ordered one, as did one of my coworkers. It was very tasty and had me looking for trouble the rest of the night.

The only disappointment, of course, is that I was not wearing my cowboy boots at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment